What a year 2017 was! 12 months, 12 challenges and so many thanks to give to all those who helped along the way. Whether it was as a cheerleader, swimming partner, cycling companion, running buddy or event organiser – you all made 12 in 12 possible! I’ve been so inspired this year, and can’t wait to see what 2018 has in store.
As part of the 12 challenges in 12 months I have:
- Completed a 30 day core challenge
- Ran 100 miles in a month
- Cycled up the equivalent of 20 mountains in Mallorca
- Cycled from London to Leyland over 2 days
- Completed a 3.8km open water swim
- Cycled the medio fondo Dragon Ride in Wales
- Completed the Windsor Olympic distance triathlon
- Completed the Dunwich Dynamo
- Ran the Reykjavik Marathon
- Organised and completed my very own IronMan
- Swam the width of the channel in 11 weeks
- Attempted the Rapha Festive 500 (unfortunately, I was some 85 miles short of the full distance, after crashing on ice earlier in the week, I was left with a very swollen and injured hip so rest was the first order of business!).
There were plenty of firsts in amongst all of that, from open water swimming to triathlons and IronMan – I’ve pushed myself further than I thought was possible and gritted my teeth to push through challenges that were both physically and mentally exhausting. And as plenty of people have reminded me this year: You didn’t come this far to only come this far. So thank you again for an amazing 2017 and I hope 2018 brings all that you could hope and wish for.